Saturday, April 11, 2015

Books that Should be Movies

Have you ever read a book and thought: "Wow. Wouldn't this be great as a movie?" It happens to me more often than not and I have tons of books that I hope to see on the big screen one day. Here are some of my favorite reads that I think would make great movies.


 1. Lockwood & Co. by Jonathan Stroud

I have recently discovered this series and I have immediately fallen head-over-heels in love with these books. They have been opted as a movie, but there is little else I know about it. I would love to see the chemistry between the charismatic Lockwood, plucky Lucy, and sarcastic George. Those three on screen alone would be the greatest thing to happen in movie history. The relationship between them is one of the main reasons why I love the books so much and I think that bringing them to the big screen, if done right, would be absolutely fantastic. Plus all of the twists and turns in the story would leave the audience at the edge of their seats waiting to see how everything will play out.


2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

With the recent success of If I Stay and The Fault in Our Stars, as well as the upcoming Paper Towns, I feel like Fangirl would definitely be a success. A standalone like the others (If I Stay does have a sequel, Where She Went) Fangirl would be a fun, quirky coming of age that I feel like all ages would enjoy. Cath will always have a special place in my heart and I would love to see her, as well as Levi, Reagan, and the rest of the gang, on the big screen. All of the ups and downs that Cath faces during her freshman year of college would be great for everyone to see. Plus, adding in all of the Simon Snow scenes? If done well, this movie would be brilliant.


3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

These books have destroyed me mentally, emotionally, and every time I finish the latest one, I have to break away from life and reevaluate my existence since I let it be ruined by fictional characters. Of course I would want to see them as movies. Celaena and Chaol are two of my favorite characters and one of my biggest ships ever. This story is filled with great character development, magic, evil kings, and amazing fighting scenes. What else could you want in a movie? With Game of Thrones being a huge hit, I feel like this series would be equally as amazing on the big screen or even as a television show in order to get all of the details into it.

What books would you like to see on the big screen? Comment below!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment