Saturday, May 9, 2015

Updated "Shadowhunters" Casting News

Amidst my last week of classes,  there has been multiple news of castings for ABC Family's Shadowhunters. Our new cast for the major characters are almost complete and I am pleased with each and every one of them.

Katherine McNamara as Clary



I have never seen anything that Katherine has been in, but she definitely looks like Clary. I was glad that they picked someone willowy and small like Clary and I believe that she will do the character justice. 

Alberto Rosende as Simon


Again, I have never seen Alberto in anything. I was a little weary at first with his casting. It was not until they put Simon's iconic glasses on him and posted the videos that I felt confident with his casting. I'm still not sure of the whole accounting student thing that they added to his character, but I will have to see the show to make my final thoughts on that. 

Emeraude Toubia as Isabelle


I have not seen Emeraude in anything just like with Alberto and Katherine. I have not really formed that much of an opinion of her yet, so I will have to make my final judgement on her once I see the show. I loved movie Isabelle and so I have been a little more fussy on this casting than others. 

Matthew Daddario as Alec


Like with the others, I have not seen Matthew in anything as well, but I do know his sister who played Annabeth in the Percy Jackson movies. I'm excited to see what he will give to Alec since I love his character so much. 


Isaiah Mustafa as Luke


I find it hilarious that the Old Spice commercial guy is going to be playing Luke. I am beyond excited to see him in the show. I can't wait to see how he portrays the character. 

What are your thoughts on the new cast? Do you prefer the movie cast or the new one? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment